Windsong Sprites

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

I already wondered what happened to this, well a man can die here truely unillumined.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Well, I have a 10 page paper to write, well, today, so I'll try and do some horse type stuff over the weekend. As for the Windsong... I'm temporarily out of creativity, so animating random stuff might be the best thing for a bit; I'll make the other units and a faction for them over Thanksgiving break probably.

Oh, and, rather off-topic, but I made this up before realizing I was looking at this developers-only forum, in case anybody thinks it's useful; the bars are the same length as the black ones proposed, are unobtrusive, and leave plenty of space above for an orb.

Horses on Monday, if possible. Now, Environmentalism and Religion, final draft. :cry:
Attachments
Original, Eleazar's, new
Original, Eleazar's, new
bars.png (17.94 KiB) Viewed 4995 times
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Did the Weaver last night; main thing of which I am unsure is the bow; any suggestions?

Also dumped all the sprites in the first post and changed the thread title to more accurately describe what's in here.

Horses are underway, I assume they should go in a separate thread once complete.

Edit: just realized I double posted... sorry, but I figured it's been three days; dump it into the post above if you feel it's necessary xD
Attachments
weaver.png
weaver.png (2.58 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
hee hee! - little girl
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

They are so little people like!.

I wonder how would it feel to go on a Total War esque or Massive game with those.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
DraconicBlessing

Post by DraconicBlessing »

To me it looks like the Weaver's left arm is angled behind the plane of his body. I know it's not intended to, but through some sort of optical illusion trickery, that's what I get.
The Past never was.
The Future never will be.
There is only Now.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

megane wrote:Did the Weaver last night; main thing of which I am unsure is the bow; any suggestions?
The bow needs to go more "in front" of his/her body.

Right now, you have a major "foreshortening" issue there. I've grappled with this problem myself, and can say from experience that the best solution is getting out a drawing pad, and either doing a sketch of yourself making that pose in a mirror (somewhat awkward, since you have interchange between drawing, and making the pose), or find a friend who can act as a model.

Beating your head against this sprite, alone, generally won't fix it.
megane wrote:Edit: just realized I double posted... sorry, but I figured it's been three days; dump it into the post above if you feel it's necessary xD
If the second post adds meaningful content, especially different content from the previous post, no one cares if it's a double-post. I do that all the time.

The only thing we get twerked about is when n00bs do the classic "spread a sentence across 2-3 posts" job.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Hopefully this looks a bit better. If I mess with it much longer I'll most likely be forced to stab myself in the hand with a pen.

Apparently, I can't draw bows. Who knew?
Attachments
weaver2.png
weaver2.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
hee hee! - little girl
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

While it is an improvement, there are still foreshortening issues. Basically, the arm isn't holding the bow far enough forward for the string to be in front of the body. Like Jetryl said, foreshortening is challenging - I know I'm not skilled enough to correct this image.

If you're feeling too frustrated, though, trying your hand on a different sprite or project might help. :) [/i]
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

megane wrote:Oh, and, rather off-topic, but I made this up before realizing I was looking at this developers-only forum, in case anybody thinks it's useful; the bars are the same length as the black ones proposed, are unobtrusive, and leave plenty of space above for an orb.

Horses on Monday, if possible. Now, Environmentalism and Religion, final draft. :cry:
Also, it might be a good idea to start a new thread in the Art Contributions forum specifically with your idea for HP bar borders, as I think that it's worth consideration, but will probably get lost in this thread.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Sangel wrote:HP bar borders
It got quoted over to the actual Art Dev thread. It was just a thought, anyways; if you like it, err, thanks ^^;
hee hee! - little girl