Dragon Sprite Request

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Huston

Re: Dragon Sprite Request

Post by Huston »

you're right it could use the first seven frames from the fire breathing attack(below). unfortunately i'm not(don't even try to make me think i am) good enough to finish it.
Attachments
dragon_attack_se_wip.gif
dragon_attack_se_wip.gif (160.78 KiB) Viewed 4995 times
melinath

Post by melinath »

someone wrote:I edited the fire dragon on my own, :) Exasperation showed me what I needed for the rest.
Unfortunately, he never posted his results. :annoyed:
stimj

Post by stimj »

I don't think I am good enough to finish it either (at least, not now). Would y'all mind C&C'ing my attempt at the defend animation (for the hatchling)? Hopefully I can start small and work my way up to something as huge as that dragon (assuming no one else finishes it in the meanwhile).
melinath

Post by melinath »

Generally good. Very cute! Only big bother is the wonky shading.
stimj

Post by stimj »

melinath wrote:Only big bother is the wonky shading.
would you be a bit more specific? Is there a particular frame that's off? I was trying to make his arm more distinct with shading in the last frame, maybe that's what you're talking about?
melinath wrote:Very cute!
I was afraid of that :oops: it will be interesting to make him grow up into that monster that pixelmind made...
Huston

Post by Huston »

like i said it would be a better idle animation than defense animation. if for no other reason the cuteness :wink:
melinath

Post by melinath »

I mean on the shell. The lighting is unclear/the shell would perhaps have a highlight.
pixelmind
Art Contributor

Post by pixelmind »

Hi Guys.
Long time no see.
Yeah, i never found time to finish the animations ( And after spending many hours of trying to get those wings right I finally lost my patience :P ).
But I think I give it another try.

Oh and here is a little preview of the north-facing animation.

Huston

Post by Huston »

yay. you're back! go resurrect(if you need some help i'm a pretty good necromancer) your topic for this dragon. and finish it up.
oh and you forgot a wing.
someone

Post by someone »

Huston wrote:here is the gif. with the last updated fire breath attack animation:
dragon_attack_test2.gif
here is the flying animation:
red_dragon_flying.gif
here is the base frame:
red_dragon.png
check the thread for thhis drafts of the north aanimation. it still need a tail attack animation and a claw attack animation though :cry:
add those if nothing else and it would be pretty much complete. GIMP can take the .gif s apart photoshop can not.
these were made by: pixelmind

as for your animations. try making another frame that would go inbetween the second and third one that make it seem as though he rocks backwards and then forwards into the sitting position(IMO i think this would help making him seem like a hatchling even more than he does now.)
But it does look good. if you don't add more fromes to it, then try slowing it down a little.
Could this be made magenta, so it can be team colored?
pixelmind wrote:Hi Guys.
Long time no see.
Yeah, i never found time to finish the animations ( And after spending many hours of trying to get those wings right I finally lost my patience :P ).
But I think I give it another try.

Oh and here is a little preview of the north-facing animation.

I don't think he should be THAT big. Instead of making him a great deal larger than the adult, maybe he should appear wiser and older.
Expanding Wesnoth

You are an Arch Mage - You're definitely intelligent, but some people would say you spend too much time inside. The power you have learned, however, is simply unmatched.
Huston

Post by Huston »

1) TSI has stated in the dragon's thread team coloring should not be used on it. if you want it team colored you'll have to do it yourself after pixelmind is finished with it
(i'm sure he would rather it be mainlined instead of only having it used here.)

2) what adult? this was going to be mainlined after it was finished according to it's thread. sadly pixelmind disappeared before finishing. thankfully he has come back.
someone

Post by someone »

When I said the adult, I was referring to the smaller one earlier.
Expanding Wesnoth

You are an Arch Mage - You're definitely intelligent, but some people would say you spend too much time inside. The power you have learned, however, is simply unmatched.
stimj

Post by stimj »

If I understand right, the dragon pixelmind is working on is to replace the monster. It isn't tailored to this thread.
Huston

Post by Huston »

you are correct stimj
melinath

Post by melinath »

someone: for a (very long) discussion on what size the dragon should be, see the other thread.

I'm really glad you're back and giving it another shot, pixelmind. This dragon is extremely good. As everyone keeps telling you...