Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

krg

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by krg »

not sure if this is the right place to report 1.17 related issues - using 1.17.24 and g9b07201 daily build: 03s_In_the_Magical_Mirror.cfg breaks with "error wml: Tag [filter] may not be used in [kill]" - this prevents the game from moving on to the next level.
If I change "[kill]...[filter]race=elf[/filter]..." to "[kill]...race=elf..." this seems to fix it (the script wiki says not to use [filter] tag any more for filtering)
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

Hi, I just wanted to note that the amulet of twilight is now extremely broken because of how Wesnoth changed the liminal alignment to boost on twilight instead of nerf on non-twilight. I'd probably just add back the old version of liminal for this artifact, or nerf it in some other way.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Adding the old version of liminal probably isn't practical, as there's no facility in the engine to add custom alignments (yet). Probably just adjusting the artifact would be enough?
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

So, I'm playing the scenario "Gods" right now, and my elvish sylph got hit by a ghoul, but didn't get poisoned. I tested around, and it is also immune to drain and plague. I thought it might have been that it was wearing tears of the dead, which gives drain immunity, but it was still immune to all three effects when I took it off. I reloaded the previous scenario, and it did get poisoned when I tested it (with the same equipment loadout). No other units have had this issue, is this a bug with a known solution?
Edit: After more testing, I have determined that the immunity to poison and plague is caused by being hit by a move with drain while having tears of the dead equipped, thus giving my sylph the immune to drain ability.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

IIRC the way immunities are handled changed awhile back. Can you post a save from Gods and The Beginning?

Not sure what "being hit by a move with drain" means?
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: January 30th, 2024, 2:48 am Not sure what "being hit by a move with drain" means?
They likely mean that the unit was hit by an attack with the 'drain' weapon special.
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

Ok I've attached the save where I found this out in Gods. To replicate my testing, use debug mode to make the elvish sylph an enemy, then summon a ghost and a ghoul. You'll notice that if the ghoul attacks the sylph first, it gets poisoned, like normal. If you attack with the ghost, the sylph won't take drain damage because of the amulet. However, if you attack with the ghost first, and fail to drain, then attack with the ghoul, the sylph won't get poisoned. This makes me believe the immune to drain ability is bugged to cause this issue. Note that this issue also happens without debug mode at all, which is how I first discovered it (after this turn I get attacked by a ghost then a ghoul by the AI, just like in my testing, and the error occurs still).

Also on an unrelated note, reapers can equip helms, armor, gauntlets, and boots. Is this intentional? Spectres can't equip them, and reapers are still ghosts.
Attachments
LotI1-Gods Turn 6.gz
(474.3 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
white_haired_uncle

Okay, it looks like when the sylph is attacked its immune to drain sets the unit as "not living" for the duration of the attack, but then when it goes to unset it it addresses the wrong unit. It also looks like there are some other issues around this part of the code which need to be addressed.

I'll raise an issue on this, because unless I'm wrong here it looks like there's quite a mess to straighten out.

I don't have a beginning of turn save to test against, but I suspect if you really care enough to want this fixed (mostly) now, you could change line 6136 of utils/abilities_events.cfg to use x2/y2 and reload from scenario start.
dabber

Post by dabber »

I feel like the immune to poison and drain has been fixed before, but there is no history about those events in github. Worse, the github code seems outright wrong - there is no event about "immune to drain", but there are 6 about "immune to poison". abilities_events.cfg starting line 6315
Where am I missing immune to drain?

More fundamentally, why not just use [status] unpoisonable=yes and undrainable=yes ?
The wiki doesn't mention any version limits on those, so I assume they work.
white_haired_uncle

dabber wrote: January 30th, 2024, 12:08 pm I feel like the immune to poison and drain has been fixed before, but there is no history about those events in github. Worse, the github code seems outright wrong - there is no event about "immune to drain", but there are 6 about "immune to poison". abilities_events.cfg starting line 6315
Where am I missing immune to drain?

More fundamentally, why not just use [status] unpoisonable=yes and undrainable=yes ?
The wiki doesn't mention any version limits on those, so I assume they work.
immune to drain was in 3.2.7c, but it looks like git now uses undrainable (see item_list.cfg). I think these might be "new" statuses? It looks like perhaps some of these issues have already been addressed but there's still some old code, or only drains was addressed, or ...
dabber

Post by dabber »

I get it now. Undrainable got changed to use status, but unpoisonable did not. Good job making a github issue.
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

End of All Hopes says it has an early finish bonus on the objectives screen but it actually doesn't. Also Delly, Argan, and Stormrider are renameable, and they probably shouldn't be.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I haven't played LotI in a few months (or any other campaign actually). Are there plans to
extend the content or spin off more storylines or tales from it? Or has that happened? Or
any other noticable changes worthy of mention?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

shevegen wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:53 am I haven't played LotI in a few months (or any other campaign actually). Are there plans to
extend the content or spin off more storylines or tales from it? Or has that happened? Or
any other noticable changes worthy of mention?
Considering it didn't change much in like 10 years... I would not really expect that, who knows though
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

There already are 2 spin-off. Affably Evil and The Beautiful Child