Scenario Recruitment Problem

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
fmac81

Scenario Recruitment Problem

Post by fmac81 »

Hello again,
So recently I have been making a campaign, and it had been going very well until I made another scenario and had the undead recruit custom units borrowed from the Era of Two Suns but under my campaign's textdomain. However, for some reason, it won't allow the ai leaders to recruit at all for the skeletons, even though the units show up fine if they are placed with a [unit] tag.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
fmac81
Attachments
The_Battle.cfg
This is the scenario I've been having trouble with...thanks!
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Scenario Recruitment Problem

Post by doofus-01 »

Just glancing at your scenario, I don't really see anything. But I don't know what a Skeleton Raider is, if it is a higher level "fighter", the AI will always choose that, last I checked. Are the AIs recruiting that instead of Skeletons? Can the other things be recruited?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Well actually the Skeletons don't recruit ANYTHING at all. I've double checked how hart02 has them in Era of Two Suns and they are exactly the same except for the domain name. It's odd, because they show up in a [unit] tag just not on the recruit list.

Thanks,
fmac81
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, the only two other guesses I have are base off experience with BfW versions long past, I'm not sure how relevant they are here. But:

1. Check that the recruit list doesn't have a typo and that everything matches the unit ids.
2. Is there any "mixed_fighter" in that recruit list? That might break things, if there isn't.

EDIT: Or what Adamant says... Don't anyone listen to me. :roll:
Last edited by doofus-01 on January 15th, 2012, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Code: Select all

recuit=Skeleton, Skeleton Archer, Skeleton Mage, Skeleton Raider

recruit, not recuit! :wink:
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

WOW. That is competely my fault...thank you Adamant! I should've seen that!

you can expect War of the Woses to be on the 1.9.12 add-on server soon!

Thanks,
fmac81