Goblin Rouser

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

middle one, but lose the sword.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Darth Fool wrote:middle one, but lose the sword.
Ditto on both points.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

You don't need the sword, since he can just attack with the spear. As a leadership unit, he probably won't be an amazing fighter, it makes sense for him just to have one melee pierce attack.
joshbosh321

Post by joshbosh321 »

Jetryl wrote:
Darth Fool wrote:middle one, but lose the sword.
Ditto on both points.
ditto once again
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.

---Douglas Adams
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

No point dittoing again... CHOP!
Attachments
rouser-minus-sword.png
rouser-minus-sword.png (2.79 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:No point dittoing again... CHOP!
Looks nice! :)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Invisible Philosopher wrote:No point dittoing again... CHOP!
Looks nice! :)
mwahahaha... DITTO! :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Breeblebox

Post by Breeblebox »

Comparison number 2:

To slash or not to slash...

Still unconvinced on the sword being dropped. If he has a precious flag attached to his spear, I would suggest he won't be throwing it away. If he loses the ranged spear attack, it would be nice to give him a replacement of some kind, ie; a relatively weak blade attack or some other such thing (he has supposedly just levelled up after all).

Other suggestions for offhand weapon?

..or is the consensus to 'definitely ditch the sword'
Attachments
the_beginnings_of_a_family.png
the_beginnings_of_a_family.png (6.44 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Last edited by Breeblebox on December 7th, 2004, 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bear, as in Fozzy,Bare, as in Arms,Beer, as in Free.
Distro | Browser
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

definitely ditch the sword. :)

he doesn't need to have a ranged attack, because there is another option when he levels that keeps the ranged attack (goblin impaler).

plus, i'm planning on making a different upgrade that gets a sword only. we can't have all goblins getting mainly pierce attacks. :twisted:

(probably won't be accepted though. no big deal).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Don't worry about realism. The flag adds to his spear attack, it makes him look cooler, it doesn't prevent him from using it. Personally I think getting leadership is a pretty signigificant bonus when leveling. Look at the elvish fighter, the elvish hero is a much better fighter than the captain, but the captain has leadership instead.

Edit: I meant to write captain instead of champion.
Last edited by quartex on December 7th, 2004, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

quartex wrote:Don't worry about realism. The flag adds to his spear attack, it makes him look cooler, it doesn't prevent him from using it. Personally I think getting leadership is a pretty signigificant bonus when leveling. Look at the elvish fighter, the elvish hero is a much better fighter than the champion, but the champion has leadership instead.
s/champion/captain/, and you're right.
The World of Orbivm
Breeblebox

Post by Breeblebox »

Edited the last post containing the comparison image, now shows three Goblin units for comparison. If there are no objections (Rouser looks crappy because...) to this final version, I will set about animating him.
Last edited by Breeblebox on December 8th, 2004, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Distro | Browser
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

objections to what? :)
I have no objections to the images discussed in THIS thread, in any case.
The World of Orbivm
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Breeblebox wrote:Still unconvinced on the sword being dropped. If he has a precious flag attached to his spear, I would suggest he won't be throwing it away. If he loses the ranged spear attack, it would be nice to give him a replacement of some kind, ie; a relatively weak blade attack or some other such thing
Little note... All of these goblins have a sling on their back with some spears in it. The level-0 goblins use the same spear for melee that they do for ranged. The level-1 goblins get a bigger spear for melee, but still use the same little ones for ranged.

This unit should be outfitted the same way - he doesn't throw his big spear through the air, it's the little ones slung on his back that he throws.

He should be equipped roughly the same way as his level-1 compatriot, it's simply that he is not as good with his weapons, and has leadership instead.
Breeblebox

Post by Breeblebox »

What do y'all think of these? The leading animation is on it's way. BTW: can you have multiple frames for the leading animation, or is it strictly just one?
Attachments
goblin-rouser-attack2.png
goblin-rouser-attack2.png (3.45 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
goblin-rouser-attack1.png
goblin-rouser-attack1.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
goblin-rouser.png
goblin-rouser.png (3.62 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
Distro | Browser