From Rocks and Blood - Troll Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sadaharu

Re: From Rocks and Blood - Troll Campaign

Post by Sadaharu »

Graziani wrote: August 19th, 2023, 1:13 pm Concerning Darlasan attacking dwarves at S7, I don't know how to fix it. I tried to set his movement at 0, his max_moves to t0, to give him ai=guardian, but nothing works. And I'm sure the solution is super easy. I need to dig into the wiki
In Ani's Legacy there's a map called Elvish Assassins where you have an Elvish ally, Tiana (side 2), whose mother, Mindra (side 6), will attack any sides other than Tiana.
So here's the bits from the R8_Elvish_Assassins.cfg:
Side 2:
Side 6:
Which result in:

For the duration of this battle, Mindra will kill everything in her path, except for her daughter Tiana and Tiana's troops.

(I played that scenario two weeks ago on BfW 1.16 and it plays out as intended.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Graziani wrote: August 19th, 2023, 1:13 pmMy french is everywhere :shock: it means, in french, people from the same specie. A dwarf is a congener of all dwarves. I replaced this word as it doesn't means at all the same thing in english :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^
Well, the history of English means that 90% of it is effectively a mix of Anglo-Saxon, Latin and French in about equal parts but since then it's diverged again (in passing, I have to say that you mean ‘species’, not ‘specie’) so it's one of the trickiest pairs of languages to tell apart: you really don't know where one begins and the other ends.

for fun:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Graziani wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 8:30 pm On which scenario did you stopped ?

Thanks for your feedback and replays, if you ever finish this campaign one day would be happy to read you! You helped me a lot with your reviews!
Spoiler:
On Moubarak.
Spoiler:
And thanks. :)
egallager

Post by egallager »

Just a heads-up that this campaign's image still isn't displaying properly in the add-on manager: the console message printed is:

Code: Select all

20231004 23:21:42 error display: could not open image 'data/add-ons/From_Rocks_And_Blood/images/units/trolls/godug.png'
images in the add-ons directory aren't available to the add-ons manager; see the documentation of PblWML: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/PblWML#icon.
You could try using a DataURI for it instead: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/DataURI
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Long time I didn't answered neither updated :roll:
egallager wrote: October 5th, 2023, 3:28 am Just a heads-up that this campaign's image still isn't displaying properly in the add-on manager: the console message printed is:
I never realized other players never saw an icon for FRaB in the addon-manager. Thanks ! It's corrected.
white_haired_uncle wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 10:54 pm I think you want id=Firag
Thanks ! Corrected !
white_haired_uncle wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 10:54 pm It seems odd that a Troll Leader isn't, you know, a LEADER
Uhm... Yes ! Will fix this :hmm: I will check how it can impact the campaign
white_haired_uncle wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 10:54 pm S07 - well, that's just zero fun. First a couple yetis, which can kill almost any unit when they hit twice, as they almost always do. Then a million dwarves which show up right next to me? Thanks, but I'm done.
Sooo... I understand. Some players told me same. To improve this, I removed one yeti in Normal difficulty. I will probably give less HP to one of the two yetis in Hard difficulty. I will also soon decrease the number of dwarves in both difficulties. I really love the ambush concept, but I probably went too far.
Sadaharu wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 11:32 pm For the duration of this battle, Mindra will kill everything in her path, except for her daughter Tiana and Tiana's troops.

(I played that scenario two weeks ago on BfW 1.16 and it plays out as intended.
Thanks for your help ! I managed to make Darlasan unreachable, but I saved this code because I find myself oftenly blocked by this simple situation.

1.7.5.4 Updated and Online

-Corrected an error about id --- S2 and 3
-Modified gameplay, reduced difficulty in both Normal and Hard --- S5
-Added a picture in addon manager
-Improved plot and fixed an error --- S06
-Improved plot and reduced difficulty --- S07
-Modifed maps --- S5, S6, S7
-improved music --- S5, S11
-improved gameplay --- S11
-Improved plot --- S8 and S19
-Fixed a magenta problem in the unit graphics of the lvl 3 Troll Boulderlobber and lvl 2 Troll Sorcerer
-Fixed bug --- S19
-Added two unused troll units in campaign files (useless but I didn’t wanted to lose this beta work)
-Added an end generic
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

Sadaharu wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 5:30 pm
Which is as it should, but what I mean is they aren't listed as casualties for those scenarios. I lost one unit to a troll Grunserker in combat and that was noted; in that same scenario I lost one or two more units to cannon fire and those weren't added to the list of casualties filed under ‘statistics’.
Sadaharu, do you know how could I add to the casualties list the units that dies because of events ? Digging into the wiki but I cannot find answers. Maybe I'm not seraching in the good way. And, thanks again, really, for all the review you gave me. It helped me a LOT
Creator and maintainer of "A goblin adventure" (available) and "From Rocks and Blood"(available) --- Working on a new campaign "Facing Death"
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Do you use [kill]? If so, do you use fire_event=yes?

Maybe there are internal die events that need to be fired to update the casualty list for you. Just a guess.

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/DirectActionsWML#.5Bkill.5D
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Graziani

Post by Graziani »

white_haired_uncle wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:29 pm Do you use [kill]? If so, do you use fire_event=yes?

Maybe there are internal die events that need to be fired to update the casualty list for you. Just a guess.

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/DirectActionsWML#.5Bkill.5D
You right, I playtested and it was only that. I'm fixing it. Thanks !