Asheviere's Shadow--Dunefolk Campaign on 1.18 servers

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Asheviere's Shadow--Dunefolk Campaign, 1.3 version on 1.16 servers

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Played on normal, and found it on the easy side, until Territorial, which wiped out my gold and I finished on the last turn. From there on, it got a lot more difficult (gold I suspect) and the last scenario just wasn't possible.

I advanced a few units, but never really got a chance to investigate the various troop types/advances. Probably should have worked with more skirmishers, slows would have been nice for the drakes and the last one.
Paul5678

Post by Paul5678 »

This sounds like fun. Where can I find this campaign?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Paul5678 wrote: January 4th, 2022, 6:28 pm This sounds like fun. Where can I find this campaign?
Download it from the add-ons server via the game client.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
MathBrush

Re: Asheviere's Shadow--Dunefolk Campaign, 1.4 version on 1.16 servers

Post by MathBrush »

This has now been updated to version 1.4:
-Starting gold on Sanbaar has been decreased by 20 on all difficulties
-Starting gold on Drake Flowers has been increased by 20 on all difficulties.
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die
Paul5678

Post by Paul5678 »

I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. Thanks for the great content!
MathBrush

Post by MathBrush »

I've updated this campaign to the 1.18 servers.

While updating it, I noticed that the writing was exceptionally poor, even among my other campaigns, so I've completely rewritten most of it. You may find it better, you may find it worse.

Here was the original intro:
Original Intro
In the Kingdom of Wesnoth, the evil queen Asheviere has claimed the throne herself, throwing the land into chaos. Many refuse to submit to her reign.

Preoccupied with troubles at home, Asheviere secures her borders by fomenting trouble in surrounding kingdoms, causing enough chaos that they won’t invade Wesnoth.

In the land of the Dunefolk, to the south, Asheviere’s money lands in the hands of local barbarians and warlords.

At the same time, Asheviere’s orcish assassins spread disease and poison throughout the land.

On the fringe of the desert, a poor family is suffering from a wasting disease. They send their only healthy son, Amir, to the town’s herbalist, hoping for a cure.
Here is the updated intro:
New intro
The elders say that a wicked ruler casts a long shadow. When the first refugees came from the north, we pitied them, but counted ourselves lucky that our own kingdoms were safe.

We were wrong.

The Kingdom of Wesnoth had always been a source of concern, with their over-reliance on wizards and priests. It was no surprise to us that Asheviere, a sorceress, would murder her nephews and take the throne by force. It was no surprise that the necromancers began to creep out of their lairs. It was no surprise that her kingdom fell into chaos.

What did surprise us was the sickness. We were troubled when our flocks began to die; when it spread to me and the younger children, we knew we had to take action."

My father, Amir, was the first to discover the truth: that Queen Asheviere, fearful of the surrounding kingdoms, had hired assassins to poison our waters. He came upon a group of them at night and overheard their plot. Enraged by their crimes, he killed them on the spot; all but one, the youngest, who had to come to regret his actions.

Amir tried to warn the elders, but the poisoners he killed had been men of high prestige in the community, lured by the gold of Queen Asheviere. The elders cast him out, and accused him of being in league with the enemy.

With no one to turn to, he was forced to leave me and the rest of his family behind, and fall in with vagabonds and outcasts, the only ones who would believe his story. Together, they determined to stop the poisonings, and took with them Maban, the former assassin, and the only man left who knew the cure.

As outcasts, they had no money to their name, and so their only hope was to find employment guarding a caravan travelling to the mountains of the north, where they hoped to find their salvation.
Thanks to everyone who's expressed interest in this campaign in the past!
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die