recall units from one campaign in to another

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

leko8731

recall units from one campaign in to another

Post by leko8731 »

HELP... Is it possible to recall some units from one campaign in to another? The leader is supposed to retire and immerge in an new campaign just once to detach part of veteran army to the new army commander. I mean in the form of a temporary recall list. I did this before in order to strech a campaign across eras, but a computercrash deprived me of everything. I wish to restart anew in the modern form. I had a list of examples of how to write code for a lot of reusable commands. Is such a code-list maybe existig today . It took me before about a year so it is very tedious to reinvent everything from scrach . I will surely mention the inventors of a code I use. I always use a structurised form of programming so if there are new conventions I will follow them of course. :eng: :eng: :eng: Greetings, Leo
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: recall units from one campaign in to another

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I think you can store your recalls of the first campaign in a persistent variable...

and call forth that variable in the second campaign which is the follow up. I suggest reading up on the wiki on it or check LotI to see how's been done.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

It is indeed possible, actually it is a feature in my add-on (campaign series) For Power. The code was written by Dugi years ago. Links for how it is done there: https://github.com/irdyansages/For_Powe ... g#L60-L100 (storing the units) https://github.com/irdyansages/For_Powe ... g#L99-L124 (putting the units to recall list).
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

The code was written by Dugi years ago
Ah, yeah. That's why I suggested LotI be examined as it was one of the first examples of persistent recall lists.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 5th, 2022, 5:37 pm
The code was written by Dugi years ago
Ah, yeah. That's why I suggested LotI be examined as it was one of the first examples of persistent recall lists.
Interesting. Is that a legacy thing? LotI is two campaigns, and AFAIK currently no recalls from part one are available in part two.

I was recently thinking it'd be cool if Mario and Conner, with some of their advancements/gear, were carried over into a new campaign. This would provide an incentive to protect/advance them, which is a personal preference.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

white_haired_uncle wrote: May 6th, 2022, 1:30 am Is that a legacy thing? LotI is two campaigns
It used to be more campaigns:

Legend of the Invincibles 2.2.7 on Wesnoth 1.8.6
Legend of the Invincibles 2.2.7 on Wesnoth 1.8.6
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

on my project -TDMP- all campaigns are related on a way that beating one of them will give you two of its heroes (or enemies) transported from it to the main campaign TDM.
for exemple, if you finished UiE, two heroes from it (with all their advances and gears) will became on your team on TDM from a scenario (i can't tell which one for spoiler) to the end of the campaign . on the other hand, if you didn't finish UiE, you will have one other hero on TDM but on his basic state.
But, aware that some enemies on other TDMP will be transported, too.
Anyway, you can look at the code and I can answer what you want
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

It would be nice if we could get some visual cue as to which campaigns are related. Perhaps a simple colour bar on the side may help, or some other way.

You can reason that "Legend of the invincibles" is related due to the name, yup, I understand that, but I am thinking more of some way to group related campaigns together visually. When you have installed some 50 addons or so, things get messy.
Darthagnon

Post by Darthagnon »

Are you maybe thinking of Dugi's recall mod "Move Units between campaigns" viewtopic.php?t=41555&start=15 ? (Available on v1.14 mod server)

This is a mod I've loved using for a long time, as it allows the player to recall specific named units in different missions and campaigns. It has been updated recently and should work on v1.16, too.