[BUG] Impassable/Castle tiles on Hellhole

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Kapiork

[BUG] Impassable/Castle tiles on Hellhole

Post by Kapiork »

The Battle for Wesnoth version 1.16.3
Issue: on an official 2p multiplayer map Hellhole, there are castle tiles with "impassable" overlay. You can recruit units onto them, which I don't think is intended. Units behave normally while on those tiles, as if they were standing on regular castle tiles (per the rules of mixed terrain), however as soon as they move from the bugged tiles, they can't move back onto them, which makes sense. The issue is that they shouldn't be able to stand on those tiles in the first place.

I attached two images showing this bug in action. If one wishes to replicate the glitch, they simply have to create a local match and move their leader onto the keep tiles on the north-or-south-most castles, as those are the only ones with rocks on them. Then, recruit some units on said tiles.

Is there any more info that I should include in this bug report?
Attachments
Three units have been recruited on castle tiles with rocks on them.
Three units have been recruited on castle tiles with rocks on them.
The Dune Rover can walk off of the tile, but can't walk back on it.
The Dune Rover can walk off of the tile, but can't walk back on it.
Chapter V of "How to suck at life"
dwarftough

Re: [BUG] Impassable/Castle tiles on Hellhole

Post by dwarftough »

Kapiork wrote: February 18th, 2023, 7:23 pm Issue: on an official 2p multiplayer map Hellhole, there are castle tiles with "impassable" overlay. You can recruit units onto them, which I don't think is intended.
I absolutely believe it's intended. There is another map, Aethermaw, where there is even a notice that you can recruit on such tiles (castle + impassible).
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Kapiork

Post by Kapiork »

dwarftough wrote: February 18th, 2023, 8:38 pm
Kapiork wrote: February 18th, 2023, 7:23 pm Issue: on an official 2p multiplayer map Hellhole, there are castle tiles with "impassable" overlay. You can recruit units onto them, which I don't think is intended.
I absolutely believe it's intended. There is another map, Aethermaw, where there is even a notice that you can recruit on such tiles (castle + impassible).
Really? That's weird. It really feels like a bug to me. :? But if you say it's intended, then OK.
Chapter V of "How to suck at life"
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

If you don't want recruiting on a hex, you just make it impassable, with no castle
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II