[mainline] Some few Undead XP / pricing lv2 buff suggestions?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
IPS

[mainline] Some few Undead XP / pricing lv2 buff suggestions?

Post by IPS »

I'm not sure if there was a better place to post this , but whatever just wanted to mention if it was any posibility to decrease XP the required XP for some undead to get Lv3 because I find some valid reasons to consider that.

Reasons is that even if undead are the only default faction that features plague, but the thing is that giving the XP to a lv0/lv1 walking corpse is basically a waste of XP you could potentially use to make your army significantly more powerful (specially if playing as them in a campaign or in survival maps). But there are some units that really requires too much XP to just to get lv3 while being worse units compared to living units having similar roles :hmm:

1.- Necrophage requiring massive 120 XP to lv3? It's the most consistent melee unit in terms of tankyness and there is no way that spending this lots of XP to get this unit is at this momment worth it ... I don't know, but maybe a XP decrease to 85 or even 90 could be fine.

2.- Revenant maybe bit lower XP to lv3? well point is simple, if we look at loyalist swordsman they're 65 XP to lv3 , 55 HP and much more consistent (and better) unit in overall that will also gain possitive traits. Swordsmen can easily have all Health, Movement, Damage and even requiring less XP to get to lv3 if we're talking about a +quick +strong swordsman. Skeletons will also do worse againist almost any mage in terms of absorving damages. Maybe add to this a little price cost decrease for lv2's.

3.- Bone Shooter maybe bit lower XP to lv3? there is no doubt that bone shooter is one of weakest lv2 in all default... having as only virtue having massive 60% pierce ressistance while also being archer and allowing it take much fewer damage from other archers and having a better use of its ressistances than revenant. Still almost everyone would agree that they would prefer having a lv2 loy longbowman because it will level up much faster and in some situations having extra movement and more consistent unit in overall.

4.- Less relevant, but this only refers to lv1 blood bat costing 22g ... why it costs almost as much as gryphon rider? it also requires massive 70 XP to get to lv2 which is defenetively unoptimal, but I personally think that even with a slight XP decrease to 60 XP's to lv2 would be worth to consider. Also as additional point is that dreadbat is only 33 HP which will basically will die easily if getting unluck againist archer or mages maybe a little more HP on lv2 (35 or 36) could be viable to proposse as well.

I would additionally proposse a lv2 version of souless for default, but I'm more confident that this one topic is very likely less of your interest in comparation of the other 4 points previosly mentioned.

Well, that's all the post, if there is nothing to debate at here, you can just reply about your opinion and close the topic.

And Have a good day everyone! :mrgreen:
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: [mainline] Some few Undead XP / pricing lv2 buff suggestions?

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I remember hejne suggesting and possibly confirming some balance changes for 1.17.x/1.18.x in the discord. Seems your points 1-4 were met already.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
IPS

Post by IPS »

Good to know, also take into consideration Drake Arbiter and Drake Thrasher XP's value being quite high if compared to Drake Warrior values. Same thing with most lv2 rebels compared to loyalist (almost 50% more XP to lv3 in some cases...) or cases as Elvish Druid which defenetively that tons of XP on her is not a good idea as usually there will be much better ressults spending that same mount of XP's somewhere else.

But in overall, I realize mostly XP issues and prices in lv2/lv3 units in default era.

And other topic, I have no real idea about dunefolks, but I hope they will also check them as well.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

The devs in charge of balancing prefer discord over forums so you'd have better luck getting your point across there and here, it's just forgotten.
Drake Arbiter and Drake Thrasher XP's value being quite high if compared to Drake Warrior values. Same thing with most lv2 rebels compared to loyalist (almost 50% more XP to lv3 in some cases...) or cases as Elvish Druid which defenetively that tons of XP on her is not a good idea as usually there will be much better ressults spending that same mount of XP's somewhere else.
Not sure about Rebels lvl 2 units, but I think Drakes lvl 2's got their XP values changed, so this suggestion had also been met weeks ago.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

In general all factions are getting changes when it comes to level 2 and 3 units in both xp and gold. I just don't have time to sit down and make PRs.
The devs
Yes the multiple me.