map editor for ios

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
ChrundleTheGreat

map editor for ios

Post by ChrundleTheGreat »

i have the game on my ipad and im working on a campaign, and i think i see missed potential on the map editor not being enabled on the ipad,
i know there is probably a reason why it wasnt included in that version but i think it would be more fun and practical and intuitive to make the maps in the touch screen, that it is on the computer.
There could even be a "shift" button added so you can select the layer of the terrain, and acces to the files could be made easier, but i dont see the problem with adding a map editor on ios.
Gothyoba

Re: map editor for ios

Post by Gothyoba »

This likely wasn’t added due to the limitations of iOS not allowing its use in making add-ons, though I still think it could be a good feature on its own. However, it probably won’t get added, as Wesnoth is no longer updated or maintained for iOS/ipadOS.
Whitefang Orc
ChrundleTheGreat

i guess, but one could still transfer the .map files to the computer in orther to assemble a campaign.
anyway i didnt know they were not updating the ios version anymore, do you happen to know why?
thanks for ansering by the way.
Gothyoba

Post by Gothyoba »

I’m not sure of the specifics, but the developer seems to have stopped giving updates since 2021, and I believe Pentarctagon has said that noone is developing it. Ultimately, iOS is stuck on 1.14.13. Android (which is a separate version) has a similar situation, and it is also stuck on 1.14. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like anybody is going to come back to develop these for now, so I don’t think these suggestions will end up being added.
Last edited by Gothyoba on October 28th, 2023, 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whitefang Orc
ChrundleTheGreat

Thanks, i hope someone picks the project up again, i really find it the most comfortable to play there.