Recognizing the numbers of units for AI purposes.

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
BajMic

Recognizing the numbers of units for AI purposes.

Post by BajMic »

Hi,

I am going through the wiki and tutorials, but it still goes a little bit over my head.

Is there a reliable way of recognizing a hex that neighbours with a specific number of units? E.g., define a filter which only includes hexes that have no units on them, but two red and one blue in radius of 1?

Thanks.
Spannerbag

Re: Recognizing the numbers of units for AI purposes.

Post by Spannerbag »

BajMic wrote: August 12th, 2023, 7:47 pm Hi,

I am going through the wiki and tutorials, but it still goes a little bit over my head.

Is there a reliable way of recognizing a hex that neighbours with a specific number of units? E.g., define a filter which only includes hexes that have no units on them, but two red and one blue in radius of 1?

Thanks.
Hi,
If I understand correctly, you want to find all empty hexes (no unit stationed on it) that have precisely 2 red and one blue units adjacent to it (radius=1).

It would be helpful to know the context for this filter; is it going to be used in a moveto event or to count the number of such locations or something else?

Anyway, assuming you simply want to filter those locations for some reason then I *think* something like this might work (assuming red is side 1 and blue is side 2, if not change the side numbers below accordingly):

Code: Select all

[filter_location]
        [not]                    # Ensures hex is unoccupied
            [filter]
            [/filter]
        [/not]
        [filter_adjacent_location]
            [filter]
                side=1        # Assumes red=side 1
            [/filter]
            count=2
        [/filter_adjacent_location]
        [filter_adjacent_location]
            [filter]
                side=2        # Assumes blue=side 2
            [/filter]
            count=1
        [/filter_adjacent_location]
    [/filter_location]
I have not tested this so may well have got something wrong.
Also other folk may well come up with better suggestions but hopefully this will give you a starting point?

Anyway, hope this helps!

Cheers,
-- Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
BajMic

Post by BajMic »

Yes. This is what I needed, thank you. I am trying to tailor-script the scenario AI to play more human-like.

Can I use the "count" parameter in standard location filters as well? I only used it in conditional tags so far.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

It can be used in either [filter_adjacent] or [filter_adjacent_location]. That means it's not available directly in a standard location filter; but [filter_adjacent_location] is part of a standard location filter, so pretty close.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.