Innocence - Undead Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ishichan

Innocence - Undead Campaign

Post by Ishichan »

This is the development thread for the campaign Innocence.
Innocence is an undead campaign drafted by KameRamen and is the finished release of The Return of Flame.

The reign of Emperor Delvhar II of Wesnoth. The banished elvish necromancer Hiroc seeks opportunities to exact revenge against the Ka'lian who had wronged him. In the meantime mysterious fears had begun to grow in the north under the name of Mal Aquram. Their struggle was by no means without meaning.
(Intermediate level, 10 scenarios.)
Last edited by Ishichan on February 27th, 2024, 7:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bravd

Re: Innocence - Undead Campaign

Post by Bravd »

Hello,

Just finished it (version 1.0.0.2) on hard.

Scenario 1:
The fact that you take damage each turn is interesting. But it feels strange that the first orc wields it all the time while the ones after don't wield it.
This could be nice if there is a space where you can destroy this power (like a shrine) or if this orc doesn't wield this power all the time.
Also, big trees next to one another feel strange (it's okay in the corner though).
The orc leader could have more dialogue, a sign, or something to show that he is not your normal underling.

Scenario 2:
The recruit list expands, that's nice. Bats and zombies are okay. No ghouls at all? And why do we have some spellcasters? Last time we were on the run, how come ? :D

Scenario 3:
In hard mode, trolls could be with orcs. Since most units will be slow there, ghosts and such will be king (and even more versus orcs). In the south, you are sure to reach the choke point first. Maybe some level 2 wolfriders could add some challenge?
And also, the orcs don't have any power like the first one?

Scenario 4:
200 gold isn't much to deal with since they will fight each other. Elves are no threat since they don't have enough damage to kill ghosts (and elven ghosts are really strong). The road between elves and you doesn't seem to be a good way.

Scenario 5:
The first clash is hard. But orcs from the south take way too much time to come. And after, once again, ghosts win since they have better mobility (and drains).

Scenario 6:
"It is wise not to send out important units that can be expected," there is something missing there :D (it's in the objective panel).
I didn't like this one since there is this power that takes a lot of time to play between turns (turbo max helps though). But the main problem is the fact that when an enemy gets "cursed," it transforms into a level 2 ghost. And this ghost doesn't change teams. Instead of beating orcs once again (in a place where I've got the advantage), I'm facing undead who are strong against my kind and have the speed that would have made the orcs lose this battle.

It's supposed to be a power from my lord (it's what I understand), why does it try to die like this? ^^

Scenario 7:
Lava could go quicker; at turn 50/50, it's only half flooded. This doesn't add much of a challenge. Also, once again, the enemy doesn't have good units.

Scenario 8:
Elves are fighting on plains, that means they will lose. Also, this is a map of human farms; why are there elves? Elves don't have any recruits that could fight undead properly. The first undead recruit zombies & level 2 ghosts. So it's more or less OK.

Scenario 9:
Can be ended in one turn, feels way too short. Also, the undead before weren't really strong compared to me. This feels like I missed some chapters.

Scenario 10:
Finished it at turn 8.
Orcs from the south aren't much of a threat (I was going to destroy them with my shadow ghost when he switched sides). Undead from the northeast aren't much of a threat either. They recruited skeletal things only (level 1 and some level 2). I put Leganoth into the village in the middle of the chokepoint. And I didn't see any other things.
The main undead don't move. You can just ignore him while dealing whith is underling (with lich and ancient lich and ghost). In a few turn, He will run out of money.

My thoughts on this:
It's of medium difficulty, not hard. Two scenarios were hard (8 & 5).
The first scenario feels different from the others.
Scenario 6 also feels way too random.

These are my thoughts after I just finished it. Don't take it too seriously. I didn't have time to take my time to think about it :D.
I had a great time if you forget scenario 6 ^^.
Ishichan

Post by Ishichan »

Bravd wrote: October 9th, 2023, 12:10 pm Just finished it (version 1.0.0.2) on hard.
Hello, Bravd. Sorry for the delay in responding.
I will use the information you have given me to develop this project. I am very happy with my first feedback. Thank you very much.

How did you like the stories?
Bravd

Post by Bravd »

Ishichan wrote: October 30th, 2023, 1:59 pm
Bravd wrote: October 9th, 2023, 12:10 pm Just finished it (version 1.0.0.2) on hard.
Hello, Bravd. Sorry for the delay in responding.
I will use the information you have given me to develop this project. I am very happy with my first feedback. Thank you very much.

How did you like the stories?
I don't remember it much actually ....
I do remember that there is a problem between scenario 8 & 9. At one we where winning over undead not that strong (with a few ancient lich). And after that i'm taken prisoner and found myself allies. You could add a scenario there with a special objectiv (maybe another group of unit who need to blend and kill a few undead ? Playing with fog of war an all)
Ishichan

Post by Ishichan »

Bravd wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 11:36 pm I do remember that there is a problem between scenario 8 & 9. At one we where winning over undead not that strong (with a few ancient lich). And after that i'm taken prisoner and found myself allies. You could add a scenario there with a special objectiv (maybe another group of unit who need to blend and kill a few undead ? Playing with fog of war an all)
Thanks for the detailed explanation. The scenario, especially in that area, needs to be improved.
I may not be able to implement it right away, but it will be of great help.
Last edited by Ishichan on November 22nd, 2023, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Finished on easy. Easy and fun.
Spoiler:
Blue as team color seems kind of odd.

"Hiroc decided to take revenge on the Ka'lian. But to do so, he needed to become more power." > powerful
"time to eat time" > time to waste (probably)
"It is wise not to send out important units can be expected" ... and?

The way terror is described,

Code: Select all

formula="level < other.level"
should be

Code: Select all

formula="level <= other.level"
Spoiler:
The thunder is pretty annoying when it plays over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and [to be continued]
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Hello, I was planning to play the campaign (I still have it downloaded), but since it's currently undergoing improvement, I'll be putting it off till it's rereleased. May I ask when it will be back?
Ishichan

Post by Ishichan »

white_haired_uncle wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:50 pm Finished on easy. Easy and fun.
Hello, white_haired_uncle. Sorry for the very late reply.
Thanks for the report and encouragement. I will refer to it.
Ishichan

Post by Ishichan »

Konrad2 wrote: February 7th, 2024, 1:47 pm Hello, I was planning to play the campaign (I still have it downloaded), but since it's currently undergoing improvement, I'll be putting it off till it's rereleased. May I ask when it will be back?
Hello, Konrad2. I have not logged into the forum for long time, so let me apologize for the delay in replying...
I had been wondering for months if the campaign was going to stay the same. I guess I was being too particular. That is why the release was delayed so much.

As matter of fact, my computer crashed several days ago and I lost the data. I was quite impatient. The reason I logged into the forum today was to report that once. Can you do me the favor and send me the campaign data you have? Once I have it I will upload it to the server again. Improvements will come little later.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Ishichan wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 12:24 pm As matter of fact, my computer crashed several days ago and I lost the data. I was quite impatient. The reason I logged into the forum today was to report that once. Can you do me the favor and send me the campaign data you have? Once I have it I will upload it to the server again. Improvements will come little later.
I've removed the music files from the campaign and sent them as separate files because it's otherwise over the allowed size of an attachment here.

Btw, Return of Flame is an outdated version of this campaign, right?

(Also, this is version 1.0.1 of the campaign.)
Attachments
Innocence.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
overlive.ogg
(894.59 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
in_the_land_of_madness.ogg
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
gathering_storm.ogg
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
gameplay06.ogg
(3.85 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
wesnoth-6.ogg
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
wesnoth-5.ogg
(359.85 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
wesnoth-3.ogg
(761.19 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
snowfall.ogg
(2.75 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
ambuscade.ogg
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
Ishichan

Post by Ishichan »

Konrad2 wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 12:57 pm I've removed the music files from the campaign and sent them as separate files because it's otherwise over the allowed size of an attachment here.
Thanks for the attachment. Just now Innocence has been uploaded to the server again. Please update it with the instant and minor changes.
Konrad2 wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 12:57 pm Btw, Return of Flame is an outdated version of this campaign, right?
(Also, this is version 1.0.1 of the campaign.)
Yes, The Return of Flame is the previous version of Innocence. It is also accurate that the current version is 1.0.1.
Thank you so much for your help, I also contacted KameRamen, but he only has data for The Return of Flame at the moment. I thought it was permanently unrecoverable.