[interface] search recall list for alignment

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
white_haired_uncle

[interface] search recall list for alignment

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I'm looking to recall some chaotic units (who isn't these days?). But I can't search for them in the recall menu, I assume because "chaotic" doesn't show on the gui, it's an image. But wait, it's right there in the tooltip. Perhaps if the search included tooltips?

I guess this could be a little confusing at first, since the word doesn't actually appear during a search. But I suspect most players who want to run said search would appreciate the utility, realize they're getting what they want, and not care.

I'll admit, I'm playing 1.19 right now. I probably should check the stable branch and all, but I'm not certain just what that is at the moment.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
lhybrideur

Re: [interface] search recall list for alignment

Post by lhybrideur »

1.19 do not exist at the moment per se as 1.18 will not officially exist unit end of the month, so 1.19 is probably the latest 1.17 version atm, which is also the current state of 1.18, IIRC.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

1.16 is the current stable version for a couple more weeks. 1.17.26 is now essentially the pre-release version of 1.18, the next stable version.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

This seems almost like an oversight to be honest, considering how important recalling is in long campaigns and how diverse the unit selection can be in campaigns such as LotI. I've submitted a pull request based on this idea: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/pull/8520
lhybrideur wrote: March 7th, 2024, 12:29 pm 1.19 do not exist at the moment per se as 1.18 will not officially exist unit end of the month, so 1.19 is probably the latest 1.17 version atm, which is also the current state of 1.18, IIRC.
OP may be playing the Flatpak development version nightlies, which currently identify themselves as 1.19.0-dev since that is the version on the Git master branch since the creation of the 1.18 branch around the RC 1 release.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Thank you.

And yes, I just so happen to be playing LotI.

And no, there's about zero chance I'm using the flatpak version. Of anything. I wouldn't use flatpack to remove systemd (though that might be fun to watch).
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.