Dirty Blood - new orcish campaign (1.16 - 1.18)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mechanical

Dirty Blood - new orcish campaign (1.16 - 1.18)

Post by Mechanical »

I am pleased to introduce you to my new campaign, Dirty Blood!

Dirty Blood is an epic campaign that tells the story of the orcish lands after Son of the Black Eye.

Game description: Being a half-breed, since his very birth Moog was an outcast in the Cold Blood clan. But shamans knew that spirits were relentlessly asserting: He shall rule! However, nobody could ever imagine what it would mean for the orcs of the Cold Blood and even for the whole of the orcish country...

(Intermediate level, 12 scenarios.)

The campaign offers a number of unique features. Among them:

- An interesting story with well-defined secondary characters, each with their own goals in the harsh orcish struggle for a place in the sun
- Beautiful maps created by me, which not only illustrate the orcish lands, but also take into account the tactical element of the game
- New units such as orc shamans and lvl-2 goblins that will diversify the player's faction. All units have animations!
- New unique abilities and mechanics that allow you to implement alternative strategies and choose your own way of completing missions.
- Tactical variety: each scenario is unique and offers interesting missions, some of them change right on the fly!
- Easter eggs in the form of some units and mechanics that you can unlock if you fulfil some conditions.
- Epic magic and natural disasters: throughout the campaign you will witness the most brutal manifestations of orcish magic.
- Attention to detail: we carefully tested each scenario and tried to take into account even the smallest details to create an exciting atmosphere for you.

I would like to thank those who helped me with this campaign: dwarftough, ForestDragon, Anekron, durmoth
Attachments
logo.png
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!
SexyPringles

Re: Dirty Blood - new orcish campaign (1.16 - 1.18)

Post by SexyPringles »

A very good, high quality campaign. Honestly, I don't think I even have anything negative to say about it :lol: .

I played with normal difficulty. Story and the plot were interesting, maps were beautiful, scenario objectives are diverse and I liked how they can suddenly change in the fly. I wish I had more constructive criticism to give, but I don't really have any. This campaign is 10/10 for me.
Hippity Hoppity, this is my property:Tale of Thunedain
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

SexyPringles wrote: March 17th, 2024, 3:46 pm A very good, high quality campaign. Honestly, I don't think I even have anything negative to say about it :lol: .

I played with normal difficulty. Story and the plot were interesting, maps were beautiful, scenario objectives are diverse and I liked how they can suddenly change in the fly. I wish I had more constructive criticism to give, but I don't really have any. This campaign is 10/10 for me.
Could you possibly post your scenario 1 and 2 replays please?
I got chopped to pieces in scenario1 and couldn't get back to my keep in scenario2 so gave up.
Pretty sure I was doing something stupid in both cases but couldn't work out what... :annoyed:

If you don't have the replays or would rather not post them, no worries - tho' I'd appreciate a quick overview of your strategy.
When I get time I'd like to try this campaign again, it has some lovely ideas and it's a pity I'm such a lousy player I couldn't get past scenario1 without save-loading (otherwise I would've lost most of my decent units towards the end of the scenario due to unkind RNG).

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
SexyPringles

Post by SexyPringles »

Could you possibly post your scenario 1 and 2 replays please?
I got chopped to pieces in scenario1 and couldn't get back to my keep in scenario2 so gave up.
Pretty sure I was doing something stupid in both cases but couldn't work out what... :annoyed:
Sure no worries! I do agree that scenario 1 was probably the hardest, I too had to restart it from the beginning once but it isn't impossible.
Hope these replays will help you.
Attachments
DB-The Trial replay 20240310-014007.gz
(46.59 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
DB-Commander of Weaklings replay 20240309-231333.gz
(44.71 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Hippity Hoppity, this is my property:Tale of Thunedain
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

SexyPringles wrote: March 17th, 2024, 6:03 pm ...I do agree that scenario 1 was probably the hardest, I too had to restart it from the beginning once but it isn't impossible.
Hope these replays will help you.
They did indeed, many thanks.

Scenario1
I'd say the main difference was that in my case the AI recruited a few more horsemen and these rarely missed completely and either killed or crippled my unit.
My wolf riders didn't do as well as yours (quite possibly due to my poor gameplay) so I went for quantity (goblins) over quality (L1s).
When the first orcs arrived in both my attempts the bowmen really ripped into them and the orcs in their turn didn't seem so keen to occupy villages?
As I had mainly goblins I couldn't use zone of control to hinder enemy movement...
Will try again with a few more (expendable) wolves.

Scenario2
After attempting and failing to lure the wandering monsters westwards with a tasty wolf knight I tried to get past the yetis.
'nuff said.
Will try the route you used - but I bet the spiders will do what the yetis did...
BTW in case you missed it, here's a small spoiler.
Spoiler:
Will try again soon.

Thanks again for the replays!

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Replays :)
Feedback is on discord.

Only S1 is on 1.17.26, the rest is 1.18.0.

Putting all those replays in spoilers to avoid bloat.
Spoiler:
Attachments
DB-The Trial-Auto-Save7.gz
ded
(63.67 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

Konrad2 wrote: March 20th, 2024, 5:41 pm Replays :)
Feedback is on discord.
Thanks for the replays, will view them in soon!
Had a couple more half-hearted attempts at scenario1 but still haven't managed to complete without save-loads.
The stats aren't bad either so overall I can't blame unkind RNG.
That said, some fights are more important than others and I seem to lose most of the more significant/important ones. :annoyed:
Also, it's a pity there are no ai vs ai stats because in my games the alliance ai always seems to clobber the orcish ai - moreso than in SexyPringles' replays.

Thanks again for the replays!

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
Otdoy

Post by Otdoy »

Man, this is such a foul-mouth, low-down, dirty backstabbing orc campaign. I'm loving every minute of it !!! Thanks for this!!