1. Eastern Invasion

Feedback for the mainline campaign Eastern Invasion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

1. Eastern Invasion

Post by Content Feedback »

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
Xindage

Re: 1. Eastern Invasion

Post by Xindage »

Xindage here again, after a long time without playing this game I decided to come back, most after noticing that this campaign get updated.
(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
1.18.0 - Incursion - Biased RNG
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
5 For just to survive.
8 If I consider trying to farm xp.
You see defending the first wave and trying to level up some units is not that hard, still I had to sacrifice few units in order to get better ones.
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Its ok.
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
The start is fine, there's 3 enemies nearby and we have to get ready to the fight, but I must admit that having Mal-Ravanal coming into the scenario to summon more foes is just the cherry of the cake, it added much personality to the first scenario and I loved that.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Thinking in what I could do to get some extra XP and trying to avoid losing important units.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
7 - Its better than the previous version indeed, and you can really fell pressured to escape now, unfortunately I miss being able to kick one of my enemies butt.
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Allow the player to gain some ground before dumping the map with an impossible number of foes, that forced me to leave too fast.
(8) Replay/Other notes.
I finished this scenario with a low number of units but having 2 mages already evolved really worth.
Worth mentioning as well that the appearance of the scenario is way better as well, thumbs up for the devs.
Attachments
EI-Eastern Invasion replay 20240325-233202.gz
(37.61 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Vendrick

Re: 1. Eastern Invasion

Post by Vendrick »

(1) Invasion
(2) 6
(3) Clear
(4) Good
(5) Earning experience for L1 mages without getting them killed
(6) 8
(7) No real notes: it's a solid improvement on the older scenario. Strategy here was to push forwards and score some kills before falling back to the keep and deploying chaff to slow the undead advance down. Shoutout to my incompetent mages and their 55.9% hit rate, great work boys.
Attachments
EI-Eastern Invasion replay 20240329-025943.gz
(42.46 KiB) Downloaded 14 times