guardians test micro_ai

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
vghetto

guardians test micro_ai

Post by vghetto »

Hi,

This is in reference to the micro_ai tests. wesnoth -t micro_ai_test

I couldn't figure out how to try the guardians scenario. Was I supposed to use droid on one of the sides?
The code for side 2 seems to be missing controller=ai and inside it's [ai] block there is a modify_ai for side=1. I don't know if that is correct or incorrect.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Re: guardians test micro_ai

Post by mattsc »

Hmm. controller= used to default to 'ai', that's why it is not set for the side. I do not recall when that was changed, but it appears that nobody has tried out the this test scenario since that happened. :P So yeah, we need to fix that. In the meantime, yes, droiding side 2 should do the trick for you as a workaround.

The side=1 inside the [modify_ai] is a typo. However, it does not matter in this case as the side attribute is ignored when [modify_ai] is inside [side][ai]. But I'll change that (remove that line altogether) anyway, for consistency.

Thanks for finding and reporting these!
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Re: guardians test micro_ai

Post by mattsc »

For the record, this is now fixed in both 1.14 (as of 1.14.12) and 1.15 (will be in 1.15.4), see Issue #4890. Thanks, vghetto, both for finding this and for opening the issue.