Version 0.4.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

skovbaer

Solution

Post by skovbaer »

Haard wrote:Ahem.

Code: Select all

clear cache
wesnoth: ai_attack.cpp:48: void <unnamed>::do_analysis(const gamemap&, const ai::location&, const std::multimap<ai::location, ai::location, std::less<gamemap::location>, std::allocator<std::pair<const ai::location, ai::location> > >&, const std::multimap<ai::location, ai::location, std::less<gamemap::location>, std::allocator<std::pair<const ai::location, ai::location> > >&, const ai::location*, bool*, std::vector<gamemap::location, std::allocator<gamemap::location> >&, std::map<gamemap::location, unit, std::less<gamemap::location>, std::allocator<std::pair<const gamemap::location, unit> > >&, std::vector<ai::attack_analysis, std::allocator<ai::attack_analysis> >&, const game_data&, const gamestatus&, ai::attack_analysis&): Assertion `cur_analysis.movements.size() < 6' failed.
Avbruten (SIGABRT)
Remove line 48 from ai_attack.cpp and recompile...
Dave told me that this line wasn't needed anymore...
- dk_skovbaer -
miyo

Re: Solution

Post by miyo »

skovbaer wrote: Remove line 48 from ai_attack.cpp and recompile...
Dave told me that this line wasn't needed anymore...
ai_attack.patch here

- Miyo
Jaramir

"load mid-save game" and "sounds"

Post by Jaramir »

when loading mid-saved games you can here a (very accellerated) sequence of the sounds from the battlefield :)

this dosn't happen with end-scenario saves
Halfling Power!!
Jaramir

"recuit unit" and "gold"

Post by Jaramir »

after a unit is been recuited the quantity of gold left isn't updated (it updates as soon as you use the mouse)
Halfling Power!!
Jaramir

"recall" and "keybord"

Post by Jaramir »

using arrow-keys and return for selecting the unit to recall (not recuite) sometimes fails and will recall another unit (in the recall list)

*update* the downarrow isn't working, this is shure, but i can understand if even the uparrow isn't working.

i've trayed this: multiplayer -> isle -> elves humans vs. elves humans -> recuit -> "down arr", "down arr", "return" -> it recuit an archer (first unit in the list"

PS this way i've discovered another bug..
Halfling Power!!
Jaramir

Re: "recall" and "keybord"

Post by Jaramir »

Jaramir wrote:PS this way i've discovered another bug..
if you start a multiplayer game then recuit some soldier, press "esc" for quitting and then restart a multiplayer game with the same map you'll have the previousely recruited units,

if you start a different map you'll see this message "The file you loaded is corrupt or from a different version of the game"
Halfling Power!!
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Jaramir,

Thanks for the bug reports. All these bugs should be fixed in the next version.

Cheers,

David
miyo

Post by miyo »

Playtesting report (this far):

Scenario 1 - OK. southern enemy leader definately needs more starting gold. Tactic: Konrad and Delfador sent to west and then north, recruited Fighters and Archers and sent them to south to get experience. Experienced units: Hero.

Scenario 2 - OK. Tactic: Delfador and recalled fighters head to west then south to capture villages, other recalled/recruited units head to south then west, used Archers to kill enemy leader. Expercienced units: Champion, three Marksmen, Outrider.

Scenario 3 - Bug? Could not get Storm Trident. Merman goes to tile where Storm Trident is and game is mutated (can not undo) but I don't get the Storm Trident. Tactic: Stay on land (even Mermen), made Nagas come to sand and killed them with Archers (to get more Marksmen), captured "sea villages" and then "island villages" with Mermen when most of Nagas were killed, used Marksmen to kill enemy leader on island while rest of units (Hero, Champion, Outriders, Horsemen) killed the enemy leader on land. Experienced units: Champion, Hero, six Marksmen, two Outriders.

Scenario 4 - OK, completed in 9 turns. Tactic: Sent Outriders and Champion to west to get villages and find the White Mage, Mermen recalled to capture coastline and island villages, few Fighters and Archers recalled to defend against skeletons, sent units from west to south and killed enemy leader with them. Experienced units: Champion, Hero, six Marksmen, two Outriders.

Scenario 5 - OK, completed in 11 turns. Tactic: Sent recalled Outriders and some recruited Horseman to east and then towards enemy castle while rest of units go to south and attack enemy castle from east at the same time with Outriders and Horsemen attacking from north-west, ghosts and enemy leader killed with Marksmen, headed south with all units and killed enemy leader on south with thieves, Champion and Hero. Experienced units: Champion, Hero, two Sharpshooters, four Marksmen, four Outriders.

Observations - You need to take advantage of daylight hours and be more defensive thru nightfall, which is good. Faster units are superior because they can retreat beyond enemy reach when night falls and attack again at dawn. Outriders should become at least a bit more balanced when charging is removed from them.

- Miyo
Last edited by miyo on August 30th, 2003, 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Outriders are nice .. but by not using knights you lost Paladins... heavy puch + heal ...
miyo

Post by miyo »

fmunoz wrote: but by not using knights you lost Paladins... heavy puch + heal ...
I know. I have played 0.4 with a lot of Knights and few Paladins (for healing)... but with Outriders you can retreat beyond enemy reach at nightfall and attack at dawn combined with ranged attack - less need for healing *grin*

Now that I have my squad of Outriders I will most likely try to advance some Horsemen to Knights and Paladins.

- Miyo
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Good look with the Valley of Death... :-)
More or less I have the same wins ... but it's planned..
Scenario 4 is a piece of cake, but you should aknoledge that without reading the tips in the forum and playing several times the 3rd one you will not start with enough money to recall soo many advanced units.
The original idea of this scenario is to use hordes of walking corpses ... (at 5-6 gold coins per corpse) you will be winning but not in time.
My idea for the corpses is to have a Plague ability.. evey unit killed by one of them is transformed in another walking corpse too.. I can hear them ... Braaaainsssss.....
But the implementation is a bit troublesome (mainly killing units inside villages doesnt change ownership) so no zombie horde ...
Also Necromancer doesnt have the Necromance ability .. that transform you in one of his minions if killed by him. (same problem)

By the way .. Dave, move necromancer to level 2 ... with 48hp shouldn't be level 1.
skovbaer

Savegame corruption fix

Post by skovbaer »

Dave wrote:Your save games get corrupted? Do you mean save games from previous versions, or from the current version? Are they games saved between levels, or games saved mid-level? Can you send me your 'saves' file (found in the wesnoth directory)?
Gee, the new replay.cpp did the trick... Thanks...
I'll just provide a link for the file, if anyone else experiences this
problem...

http://www.femgramskovbaerte.dk/test/replay.cpp
- dk_skovbaer -
miyo

Re: Savegame corruption fix

Post by miyo »

skovbaer wrote: Gee, the new replay.cpp did the trick... Thanks...
I'll just provide a link for the file, if anyone else experiences this
problem...
Patch can be found here

- Miyo
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

miyo wrote: Experienced units: Champion, Hero, six Marksmen, two Outriders.
Umm....gee you seem to love those marksmen. Normally I have lots of heros and captains, and some knights/outriders, and a few supporting marksmen. Soundsl ike the bulk of your force is made out of marksmen!

And....you don't find the Ranger the least bit appealing, even after it has been improved?

David