project #2: help this game

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
needmoreplayers

project #2: help this game

Post by needmoreplayers »

who: for coders that play this game, and also has a full understanding of the problems that many players have with the game

goal: fixing the #2 biggest problem with this game

how: there are many many different ways to do it, have no idea which is the easiest code way of doing it since dont know code

seems to be very few things that 'tries' to make the ui better or does new or interesting things, tested one of them so far

for all of the addons that changes or updates the ui ('themes'), what code language do each of them use so can see whats needed to learn

one of them is 'combat info theme' but its not good and definitely in no way is better than default, but figured out how to use it and yea its not good at all

depends: depending on whats needed to learn, i may update that addon or a different one, or make a new one from scrath, no idea what would be easier

havent decided yet

'themewml'

there isn't any helpful info on the addon page or whoever made it:

there doesnt seem to be any helpful info on addon 'combat info theme' or other 'theme' addons about what code language they use

guess maybe some coder don't care about putting helpful info, maybe some coders just like coding. dont know as dont know coding currently.

cant tell if its lua or wml or c++ or what, just need to know that for each of the 'theme' (aka: ui) addons

need to know that to see what to do next, if i should update it or make a new one, after learning w/e neeeds to be learned

i dont know if everything or what things exactly can be changed about the ui

is color percentage chance of hitting bars like in default ui possible?

dont know for example why 'combat info theme' didnt add or include the color bars like default ui has (but done in a different and better way)

maybe they didnt know how to code it or maybe it wasnt possible, have no idea who coded it and assuming they're long gone, so no way to actually contact them or anything or if they're responsive or not as a person

videos and pictures showing exactly what things can be changed in the 'theme'/ui would be good so can see exactly what can and cannot be done

if those videos and pictures and gifs are already somewhere thats good, again dont know when that 'themewml' was created, if it was only a year ago or whenever
Last edited by needmoreplayers on December 30th, 2023, 5:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: wml/lua/etc: what code language are these addons using exactly

Post by Ravana »

If you want to do something with themes then do like everyone else, copy existing theme and make changes. I did https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... /theme.cfg that way.
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: wml/lua/etc: what code language are these addons using exactly

Post by gfgtdf »

Themewml is actually quite old, (and there have been thoughs about replacing/changing it ) I doubt anyone in the current dev team knows many details of themewml.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.