Drunkards, Dwarves and Doubloons now on 1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MathBrush

Re: Drunkards, Dwarves and Doubloons now on 1.18

Post by MathBrush »

This campaign has been updated for 1.18, and now features the Oxford Comma.

Several typos have been corrected, including a misspelling of Elensefar in the description.

Three of the first four maps have been heavily edited. On replay, I found the first two scenarios too frustrating for a beginner campaign. The first scenario, which involves footpads and thieves darting between a strong Northerners army and a strong Loyalist army, ended up getting the player squashed in the middle of the fighting. I've revised to have a 'back alley' the thieves can sneak through and snipe enemies from behind, which fits more in their character anyway.

The second map was dwarves vs elves and had hills right next to forests, and would often end up with a slogfest where elves in forests and dwarves on hills would miss each other over and over again. I've separated the two with a river and ice to create a No Man's Land that should allow for more strategic options. I've also positioned the villages closer to the fighting areas to allow for tactical healing.

Finally, the bayou map had large swathes of empty land that have been revised.

Thanks for everyone's feedback!
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die | Loyalist Campaign: Wesnoth Creepypasta