[Historical] Son of the Black Eye Updated!

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Re: Barag Gor map

Post by Taurus »

anatelos wrote:Here's another try. I changed the old Barag Gor map (as little as possible) and took Taurus' scenario settings over to it.

What do you think?

anatelos
I think it is awesome anatelos! I have aready replaced the old one with this one and am uploading it as I type. Thanks :)
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Ahhh hell, I am having trouble uploading my campaigns now :? Anyhow, i'll work on it, it might just be a few days before I get it up, sorry. :(

anatelos

Post by anatelos »

Taurus wrote: I think it is awesome anatelos! I have aready replaced the old one with this one and am uploading it as I type. Thanks :)
Hmm...
Shakespeare wrote: I'm amazed and know not what to say.
The number of turns are still an issue, I'm afraid. I nearly succeeded on medium within 22 turns and about 250 gold. And I failed utterly with about 160 gold on hard.

But I think it shoud NOT become easier, if not on easy. But you need at least 22 turns, due to the bigger map.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

the 3rd (or fourth level) looks difficult but it is easy for hard going players like me, love it so far

(and look out Taurus the ladies are coming for you :P)
(Don't comment on that)
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Ok, I finally managed to get it up. It seems that version 1.0 won't upload with a slow dialup connection. Anyhow, no big deal, I guess I just have to upload it when I have access to high speed internet.

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

I tuned up "Silent Forest" a bit and uploaded it on the server as 0.6. I tried to incorperate this scenario in the plot a bit more and make it a bit more interesting. Let me know what you think.

Stedevil

Post by Stedevil »

Is or will be any way to continue a current campaign of the "old" version with the new one.
Though nice to see someone making sure it will be compleated, keep up the good work :)
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Please note the general tidying up of the official SotBE campaign in both trunk and the 1.0 branch, and the further changes in trunk.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Stedevil wrote:Is or will be any way to continue a current campaign of the "old" version with the new one.
Though nice to see someone making sure it will be compleated, keep up the good work :)
Sorry Stedevil, you have to start from the beggining :( Although, by now the two versions are pretty different so it may be worth it starting over again, IMHO anyway. BTW, I still haven't made any new scenarios as of yet, although I am hopping to get at least one done within the next two weeks. To date, I just have been overhauling the old ones.

But anyhow, version 0.7 is out. Not a whole lot of changes but I made some minor changes to "Silent Forest" and "Shun Taum the Smug". I felt that STtS was a pretty good scenario as it was so I pretty much left it the way it was. In addition I added two portraits done by Neoriceisgood, one for Kapou'e and one for one of the Shamons. As I said before, I am almost at the point where I am going to start adding new scenarios.

bruno
Inactive Developer

Post by bruno »

Taurus wrote: But anyhow, version 0.7 is out. Not a whole lot of changes but I made some minor changes to "Silent Forest" and "Shun Taum the Smug". I felt that STtS was a pretty good scenario as it was so I pretty much left it the way it was. In addition I added two portraits done by Neoriceisgood, one for Kapou'e and one for one of the Shamons. As I said before, I am almost at the point where I am going to start adding new scenarios.
There are some problems with 0.7.
It defines leaders for some sides without placing them. Looking at the WML, it looks like you didn't really want the leaders for the sides and can replace setting "type" with setting "no_leader" to "yes".
The positions affected are:
The Black Flag sides 3 and 5
Desert of Death side 3
Clash of Armies side 5
1.0.2 won't except invalid starting positions for leaders, so you do want to fix this now that 1.0.2 is out.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

bruno wrote: There are some problems with 0.7.
It defines leaders for some sides without placing them. Looking at the WML, it looks like you didn't really want the leaders for the sides and can replace setting "type" with setting "no_leader" to "yes".
The positions affected are:
The Black Flag sides 3 and 5
Desert of Death side 3
Clash of Armies side 5
1.0.2 won't except invalid starting positions for leaders, so you do want to fix this now that 1.0.2 is out.
Thanks bruno, i'll have them fixed by 0.8, which will be out either today or tommorow.

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Finally, a new scenario. Version 0.8 is out folks with a new scenario "Giving Some Back." Any sort of feedback would be highly appreciated.

RedLTeut

Post by RedLTeut »

In Clash of Armies, why is Plouf the merman leader heading left with large parts of his army? Does he want to take the dwarfs castle? ^^

It seems he gets reinforcements anyway, more than necessary
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

RedLTeut wrote:In Clash of Armies, why is Plouf the merman leader heading left with large parts of his army? Does he want to take the dwarfs castle? ^^

It seems he gets reinforcements anyway, more than necessary
I have no idea. I didn't write that part of the code myself but i'll definatley check into it. Thanks for pointing that out.

PiX

Post by PiX »

Is the "save Inarix" mission possible ? The saurians can't walk througth deep water, so they must take the bridge... in 16 turns, I can't imagine how to do this, ennemies surrounding and blocking the bridge...