Scenario 1: The Hunt

Feedback for the mainline campaign Winds of Fate.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario 1: The Hunt

Post by Content Feedback »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) What did you think about the dialog and story?
(4) What were the major challenges you faced?
(5) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(6) What suggestions do you have to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
Sandsculpture

Re: Scenario 1: The Hunt

Post by Sandsculpture »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
1.18.0, Dominant (Hard), with biased RNG
Clear.
Stymphalians, if there are too many. Seems like they are more likely to attack player's units than other animals
9. The gameplay matches the scenerio's name.
Animals love to attack low-HP units so we can farm XP by wearing them down and luring other animals to kill them,
Spoiler:
No.
WoF-The Hunt 游戏录像 20240402-232410.gz
(75.29 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
SpenceLack

Re: Scenario 1: The Hunt

Post by SpenceLack »

Easy. v1.18. I should note that my version of "easy" has two self-imposed "ironman" rules: #1 No save-scumming, you roll with the RNG no matter how unlucky you are. #2 If you are defeated, the whole campaign is over and it's back to the first level.
4. The hardest part was not winning, but dragging out the scenario as long as possible to milk XP out of it.
For the longest time the Drake faction existed with no backstory, history, or culture. They were sort of the odd man out among Wesnothian races. I thought this level provided a great introduction to the faction, and it presented a long term problem for the player to solve (find a solution to the lack of food).
Getting used to the new faction. Low evade, high hit points, generally good mobility. I suspect that most Wesnoth players, like myself, haven't had many opportunities to play as Drakes before, so it's nice that they finally have a campaign of their own.
9. I liked it. There was a wide variety of enemies, and no time limit to stress out about.
Capturing one of the two villages triggers a cutscene and gives an extra unit. This is significant, given that you only start with 6 units and have no way to recruit normally. Since the player can also heal at oases, they may not realize the significance of the villages and they'll miss out on the units and the little bit of extra story. Suggestion: Label the two villages on the map. In the dialogue one of them already even has a name, the "Cenotaph of Morogoth," so clearly the drakes have some familiarity with these structures and naming them would make sense from a lore perspective too.