[Complete] Tournament of Champions 2v2 season 1

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Becephalus
Inactive Developer

[Complete] Tournament of Champions 2v2 season 1

Post by Becephalus »

Since the 1v1 tourney is almost over Doc and I thought we would finally run the much anticipated 2v2 tournament. Like previous tournaments the main action will occur on Saturday at noon (evening in Europe). So now would be a good time to begin looking for partners. Make sure to pick someone who can be sure to show up!

Lets plan on having the first round on February 3rd. This weekend Doc or I will post a formal announcement and sign-up thread. Here I will now repost the rules from the 1v1 season 2 announcement.

There will be 16 slots available (maybe 32 if a million people respond), preference will be given to established players, it is possible we will set up a provincial list for those who want to play a play-in game. As a general thing to keep in mind, many of the players here will have been playing for over a year, and almost all for several months. So if you just started playing MP a few weeks ago this is probably not for you. Other than that the rules will be the same so I will just repost them.

Round One will begin at 18:00 GMT. In the interest of moving things along, I'll allow contestants to start their matches up early or late, provided all players agree. You need not wait for me to appear- The important thing is that you PM replays to Doc Paterson, myself, OR post them in the replays thread.

The coin-tosses to determine P1 in each first game will be posted with the bracket on this coming Thursday. If I list your name first in your matchup, you won the coin toss, and should make sure to put yourself in the P1 slot in your opening game. Remember to switch player-sides after every match, regardless of the winner/loser.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
IB

Post by IB »

If I can find someone good enough that will put up with me, I'll play.
greywolfexcel

Post by greywolfexcel »

I'd love to play, but I really don't know anyone to play *with.* Perhaps I'll grab Xerxces or Seth, but if that fails, then I'll have to scrounge up someone else.

Edit: By the way, I'm known as tb_Greywolf on the server.
Imp

Post by Imp »

tb? Wow, Wesnoth has clans! :-D
tsr

Post by tsr »

And once again the important (and unflexible) start of a tournament is at the weekend of an odd week, buhu!

(I know week numbers aren't used in many countries, but in sweden in general and in my life in particular they are essential)

Well, well, I'll just hope that next tourney either begins at an even weekend or that the rules become more flexible.

/tsr
Anul

Post by Anul »

I'd like to play... But... The guy I usually play with can't play on Saturdays.
So if someone want to join me, it would be a pleasure.

In Wesnoth I use the nick name Moonlight!

See you in Wesnoth.
player1

Post by player1 »

Instead of a partner could I just play two people?
If I can find someone good enough that will put up with me, I'll play.
IB I remember playing you before. Right before the match started you gave me 25g and yourself 1000g. So gay.
IB

Post by IB »

800, and when someone kicks you from a game 4/5 times take a hint :P
player1

Post by player1 »

Yours was the only game up besides someone who wasnt responding, and you could have said private game or stay away or something.

I could kick your ass in this game anyway.......
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

player1 wrote:I could kick your ass in this game anyway.......
Someone open a window, there's too much testosterone in here.
IB

Post by IB »

Some people can't infer repeated kickings as stay away...
Gus

Post by Gus »

*enters a deadzone-like trance*

I....can....see.....a big.....part..of...this....thread...deleted.....SOON!!!!!
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Gus wrote:I....can....see.....a big.....part..of...this....thread...deleted.....SOON!!!!!
The Big Dark Prophecy Of Being Offtopic And The Arrival Of Big Dark Mods For Deleting The Offtopic Part Of The Thread

btw i cant join, and i think lots of others too, because of the exams.
hammer

Post by hammer »

I would like to participate :D my teammate is Tindor :D
mrchadt

Post by mrchadt »

If I kept getting kicked I might think it was something with the server. I think a simple 'this game is reserved' is best.

edit: I kicked a player1 out of a game for not having a proper name. And I wont play someone without one.
no obligation