New Group for Language Translators

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheChosenOne

New Group for Language Translators

Post by TheChosenOne »

Can a new group for language translators (what I mean by groups are like, Developers, Art Contributors etc.)? I don't think there is one and I think it's a good idea to have one.
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
elricz

Post by elricz »

There is a forum for Translations & Internationalization, is this what you were thinking on?
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

i think he meant usergroup.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

AFAIK the usergroups primarily exists to gain special access to a section.
Since translators do not need some special access to write in that section, such a group is not needed.
BTW, why not ? :)
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

Threads about game development or pictures, can lead to heated discussions. Threads about translation usually don't. It's probably because of the number of people interested in the topics. Here are maybe 100 people who have some strong opinion whether some portrait is nice or should be changed; how should multiplayer be better balanced; or what should be done in the next version of Wesnoth. But if you speak about some specific language... sometimes you are happy to get any response.

There is no need to hide the localization forum from others, because the other people do not disturb the discussion there.

However, just giving a new "title" for Translators... why not?