A bunch of ideas and stuff

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Circon

A bunch of ideas and stuff

Post by Circon »

Split User's Forum into "Feedback", "Strategy/Tips" and "Ideas".

Create a "Campaigns" forum where everybody can pool ideas (and scenarios?), putting together a campaign by teamwork.

New terrains: snow and ice! And a "King's Highway" which only takes 1/2 a movement point to move along.

Some feedback: I promoted an Elven Druid recently, and...
Bad. Bad, bad, bad game. Naughty game.
Do not mix the elves with the elfs.

The Shyde (Sidhe) is from the ancient Gaelic "Daoine Sidhe" or Shakespeare elfs. (Book: Faerie Tale)
The Elven Warrior, Archer et al with the bonuses in trees and woodland are LOTR or "modern" elves. (Book: LOTR.)
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: A bunch of ideas and stuff

Post by Dave »

Circon wrote: Create a "Campaigns" forum where everybody can pool ideas (and scenarios?), putting together a campaign by teamwork.
This is a good idea. I'll look into it.
Circon wrote: New terrains: snow and ice!
There is already snow, in CVS.

Ice -> maybe, if there is a way it would actually be different to snow :)

I guess maybe large units can't move over it (for fear of breaking the ice)
Circon wrote: And a "King's Highway" which only takes 1/2 a movement point to move along.
Possibly. At the moment the game does not support non-integer movement costs. It'd be good to add support for this though, so that e.g. trolls could take 1.5 movement to move over mountains (they should probably be slower than to move over grassland, but not double).
Circon wrote: Some feedback: I promoted an Elven Druid recently, and...
Bad. Bad, bad, bad game. Naughty game.
Do not mix the elves with the elfs.

The Shyde (Sidhe) is from the ancient Gaelic "Daoine Sidhe" or Shakespeare elfs. (Book: Faerie Tale)
The Elven Warrior, Archer et al with the bonuses in trees and woodland are LOTR or "modern" elves. (Book: LOTR.)
You can comment on that in the thread at http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/forum/phpB ... 33&start=0 which is all about that unit.

David