Version 0.4.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Version 0.4.1

Post by Dave »

If you test this version, please reply in this thread and say what you tested, your reactions, and any bugs you found. Please report your testing even if you did not find any bugs.

Available at: http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/files/wesnoth-0.4.1.tar.gz

changelog:

- added music and sound support. The game has one song, provided by ZhayTee. Added some sample sounds for Elvish Fighter attacking.
- fixed up bug where if you loaded a mid-level game, and then saved at the end of level, the save would be corrupt
- fixed bug where the display mode would always be displayed as 'windowed'
- make the game report an error message if switching between windowed/full screen fails
- make the game handle switches between windowed and full screen even if exact colour depth can't be matched
- arrow keys can now be used to maneuver menus, and enter can be used for 'ok and yes' in dialogs
- fixed bug that caused a crash at the end of the tutorial
- fixed bug where moving a unit along the border edges would go very slowly
zas

Is there any patch against previous version available ?

Post by zas »

Since i got very slow connection here....

What about an anonymous cvs access ?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

That is a good idea. The main problem is uhh...I don't really know how to use CVS :oops:

Anyhow I'm sure I could learn. It'll happen much sooner though if someone volunteers to set us up a CVS server :-) Otherwise it'll happen when I get round to it...which might not be for a long time.

David
zas

So what about diff -u patch ?

Post by zas »

Differential patches between devel versions could ease my life :wink:

About CVS, you can use sourceforge-like services avaible on the net.
ettin
Lord of Glamdrol

Post by ettin »

libsdl-mixer1.2-dev needed.
added music and sound support. The game has one song, provided by ZhayTee.
The music track is excellent ;)
About CVS, you can use sourceforge-like services avaible on the net.
This is a good idea.
I prefer Savannah (or BerliOS).
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Well, apparently the two of you know more about all this than me, so I suggest one of you go ahead and set us up a version control system. The only version control system I know how to use is (cough) source safe, but I don't want to get lynched :-)

Oh, and yes, the music track is great isn't it?

David
ettin
Lord of Glamdrol

Post by ettin »

Well, apparently the two of you know more about all this than me
I don't have any experience developing with CVS, so I can't help.
Only used it sometimes as a user (and I always forget the commands ;)).
miyo

Post by miyo »

What did happen to all recently fixed/done images? Those were broken or they did just not make it to this release?

The shadow fixes for units? At the moment some units have nice shadows (alpha blending) others have just black shadows.

Crossed swords instead of red X?

- Miyo
miyo

Post by miyo »

Version control (CVS/Subversion/arch/larch/whatever) talk should go to Developer's Discussions

- Miyo
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

The images were received after the development version was released.

They'll be in 0.4.2.

David
lohari

Post by lohari »

The images were received after the development version was released.

They'll be in 0.4.2.
Nice :) And I thought there was something very much wrong in the images.. *phew* (almost started doing them again) :oops:
skovbaer

Terribly buggy savegames

Post by skovbaer »

Most of my savegames get corrupted... That's pretty annoying... I can't really say anything about it... I would need some kind of a logfile for that...
- dk_skovbaer -
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Your save games get corrupted? Do you mean save games from previous versions, or from the current version? Are they games saved between levels, or games saved mid-level? Can you send me your 'saves' file (found in the wesnoth directory)?

Send to davidnwhite at optusnet dot com dot au

David
skovbaer

Savegame bug

Post by skovbaer »

They're savegames from 0.4.1, the version which I'm running... And they're all mid-game savegames... The between-game saves seem to work fine, and I think some of the first savegames in a scenario work all right... I believe the savegames from the first two scenarios loaded all right...
Anyway, I'll provide you with the saves in a sec...
- dk_skovbaer -
Haard

Post by Haard »

Ahem.

Code: Select all

clear cache
wesnoth: ai_attack.cpp:48: void <unnamed>::do_analysis(const gamemap&, const ai::location&, const std::multimap<ai::location, ai::location, std::less<gamemap::location>, std::allocator<std::pair<const ai::location, ai::location> > >&, const std::multimap<ai::location, ai::location, std::less<gamemap::location>, std::allocator<std::pair<const ai::location, ai::location> > >&, const ai::location*, bool*, std::vector<gamemap::location, std::allocator<gamemap::location> >&, std::map<gamemap::location, unit, std::less<gamemap::location>, std::allocator<std::pair<const gamemap::location, unit> > >&, std::vector<ai::attack_analysis, std::allocator<ai::attack_analysis> >&, const game_data&, const gamestatus&, ai::attack_analysis&): Assertion `cur_analysis.movements.size() < 6' failed.
Avbruten (SIGABRT)