Units Coherence

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

Units Coherence

Post by Yomar »

Hello, I wanted to know if someone knoe why the Skeletal Dragon has the resistances that he has.
I wrote already a private message, but I think the guy is not around in this period.

Can someone fix the Skeletal Dragon in the new release of BFW 1.17 ?
I explain, he's an Ubdead unit and has 0% def. against arcane, but as all undead units ( especially skeletal ones) he's supposed to be vulnerable to Arcane, true he's also not vulnerable to fire, but this can be explained by the high resiststence to fire by it's living counterpart. (Like tire Dragon present in the game but also like all the Drake units).
But regarding Arcane, even the Living Dragon has -30% to Arcane magic.
I suppose that this was just an oversight when tghe unit was originally created.
The change should not bring balance issues, because it's not part of the playable factions.
But Idk, maybe I'm not aware of something, maybe this was intentional for some reason, Idk.
So if anyone has any explanations, I will be glad to read it, because I think it's important for the coherence to the game's lore.
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Units Coherence

Post by Pentarctagon »

There's #7023, though it's stalled since the author seems to have disappeared.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Yomar

Re: Units Coherence

Post by Yomar »

Thx, at least I could read something more regarding this unit. 🙂
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟